Installing a custom car grille is easier than you think, everyone can give the car an instant upgrade. We'll walk you through 5 simple steps so you can do it whenever you want. Grab your tools and let's get started!
Why you should install a custom grille on your car
Custom grilles offer a wide range of options to personalize your car's look, from subtle to extravagant, and can be crafted from materials like plastic, metal or wood. Installing a custom grille has several benefits that may make it worthwhile for you. Firstly, it can give your vehicle an individualized appearance that sets it apart from others on the road. Secondly, by shielding your engine from debris and other hazards, a customized grille improves protection for this vital component of your car. Finally, having a custom grille installed has the added benefit of reducing drag and improving aerodynamics for better performance while cruising down the highway.
Some prep work before you install a custom grille
To install a custom grille on your car, you should prepare the following tools and materials:
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Flat-head screwdriver
- Razor blade or utility knife
- Tape measure
- Custom grille
- Grille mounting kit (optional)
Here are the steps to follow
- Getting the adhesive on the grill will be easier if you clean the area where it will be attached first.
- Next, measure and cut the grill material size. Depending on the grill you are using, this may be pre-cut or will have to be cut yourself..
- Apply adhesive to the back of the grille material and stick it to the front of the car. Clips or weights can be used to hold it in place while the adhesive dries.
- Once the adhesive is dry, you can install the hardware (usually screws or bolts) that will hold the grill in place. Be sure to follow any instructions that come with your hardware kit.
- That's it! You now have a custom grill installed on your car. Take a step back and admire your handicraft - it sure to amaze you when you hit the road!
Tips for maintaining custom grilles
Once you've installed your new grille, how do you keep it looking its best? Here are some tips for maintaining your custom grill:
- Clean the grate regularly. This will help prevent dirt and debris from building up and making the grill look dull.
- Be careful when cleaning. Use a mild soap and water solution and avoid harsh chemicals or vigorous scrubbing, as this can damage the finish of the grate.
- Dry the grill thoroughly after washing. Water remaining on the surface can cause rust or staining.
With that out of the way, you now have all the information you need to install a custom grille on your car. Installing your own custom grille is an easy and satisfying process that is completely do-it-yourself.